Tuesday, March 8, 2011

White Sands National Monument

A couple of weekends ago we went to White Sands National Monument.  It was so much fun!  We had sand everywhere when we were done.  It took me two hours to vacuum out the car.  We went with the Biesingers and we brought our dogs.  Everything was perfect except that the wind decided to pick up right when we got there.  It was almost like someone had turned on the "wind" switch.  We bought sleds and then set out to have some fun.

Aaron's National Geographic moment
The road goes on for miles then we stopped at the end and hiked up the tallest hill we could find.  It brought back memories of Lake Powell's sand hill.  The only difference was that this sand wasn't hot on your feet.  It was the softest sand I had ever felt.  I wish you could all feel it!  Man I could have slept on it it was that soft.  Anyway, Aaron wanted to be buried like he had when he was young so we were all about that.  Aspyn went down the hill by herself.  I was so proud of her.  Her face was classic but she didn't even cry.  I for sure thought that when she got to the bottom or even while she was going down that she was going to fall or get to the bottom and cry.  She didn't she LOVED it!  I was so surprised.  Sophy had fun going down with Aaron, Hannah, Makayla, Ellie and myself.  Aaron and I even took the dogs down running next to us, at separate times of course.  I also went down with Tasha on the same sled.  Seriously so much fun!  If you have the chance to go, do it!
Hannah always playing with at least one of our girls.

Makayla pulling Aspyn
First ride down
Tasha pushing so I could take the picture

This is Appy's sand castle.
To repeat Despicable Me "Oh, Ya!"
Soapy didn't want to bury Daddy.  She just wanted to play in the sand.
Ellie trying to bury Sophy.
Aaron was such a trooper.  He had to go back to the car a couple of times because Sophy had a leaking diaper and then a poopy one.  He is so wonderful.  What would I do without him?!  Anyway, I hope you can catch the spirit of fun that we had.

2 comments:

  1. That looks like so much fun!! I just caught up on your recent posts, looks like you have been busy and having a good time in El Paso!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow you wont' find that in Utah Or Colorado :) Its like sledding without all the warm stuff!

    ReplyDelete