Monday, March 7, 2011

Food Post

I was watching Oprah a while back and it was on a woman and a few others who were taken hostage for four years.  She was in the government and this was suppose to be some sort of government protest.  Anyway she commented on how she had to eat the same thing everyday.  There was only a certain amount of food that had to go around to a larger amount of hostages.  This was her only joy for the day.  She talked about how the kidnappers would call them by numbers and she insisted that they call her by name.  She was not an animal but was a person and she insisted that they treat her that way.  She did not have control over her environment but the things that she chose to have control over she did not let them treat her like an animal.  She was a daughter of God!  Anyway, she was found and the people who kidnapped her were brought to justice.  She told herself that if she ever got out she would eat a different fruit every week.  That taught me a vital lesson.

Look around Niesh,  why am I holding myself back and being satisfied with only a certain amount of fruits a vegetables.  Why not try different fruit every week.  Instead of being stuck in my ways look for a higher way of living.  You don't know what you are missing if you don't get out of your comfort zone.  With that being said, here is my first papaya and my first kumquat.  I thought that it was a vegetable but it looks and tastes like small oranges.  They are bite size and juicy.  Kind of fun to get out of my comfort zone.

The other pictures are of a chicken brushetta meal that my sister made me when I had Sophy.  Megan is an amazing cook and baker.  I have craved that meal she made me since I had Sophy then I learned that I had the recipe with me the entire time.  The dessert is my chocolate molten cake filled with a bittercream frosting and chocolate ice cream on top and some chocolate sauce smothered over it all.  It doesn't look very pretty but man was it GOOD!!!  Thanks Megan for the chicken brushetta recipe!


We also love pizza so we made a pizza night for one of our dinners.  The girls loved doing this and had so much fun.  Aspyn is a picky eater so she got a pizza made with "white" sauce instead of "red" sauce.

1 comment: