Monday, April 26, 2010

Our Poor Ella




























































































Last night at around 11 p.m. we went and checked on the pups and cleaned and weighed and measured them and Aaron said look at her tail? Our poor Ella had an "L" shaped tail. Earlier we heard a sqweal and went down stairs and did not see anything wrong. They were all eating and nothing seemed out of the ordinary. So we thought nothing of it until Aaron showed me her tail. I kept having stress dreams about her tail and called the vet first thing in the morning. My friend Brandy watched my girls again and then my friend Risa came with my to the clinic. They said that her tail was broken and they had to put it in a splint. :( We set up another appointment for Thursday to have them look at it again. The receptionist's were saying that she was such a good mommy. We waited outside by the grooming area with the other puppies and whenever another dog or person would come by Tally would growl at them. The receptionist said that that is exactly what you want mommy to do. You want her to be protective and you want her to watch out for her babies.
When I came home I started crying. I think that it is a woman thing. I felt so bad that I hadn't seen her tail sooner or that I couldn't keep her from getting it broken.
They are all gaining a lot of weight! As of tonight they are...
Rambo 2 lbs. 3.5 oz.
Bascome 2 lbs 7 oz.
Ella 2 lbs 6 oz.
Rose 2 lbs 4oz.
and Belle 2 lbs. 4 oz.
What good eaters they are. We also measured there length from nose to rump and they are...
Belle 11 3/4 inches
Rose 11 inches
Ella 11.5 inches
Bascome 12 inches
Rambo 11.5 inches
It is crazy to see how fast they grow and are changing. I am going to hate seeing them go but, it is comforting to know that they are all going to great homes!
The video of Rambo's tail wagging was taken last night before we cleaned them again for the evening. I was trying so hard not to laugh. It is soooo freakin' cute!
The other video was taken tonight when we brought them up to take pictures.



1 comment:

  1. Thank you for the frequent updates! Sierra swears up and down "Rose" is by far the cutest of the pups and she has her fingers crossed she will be the one coming home to us. I honestly thought she would lean towards Ella just because her favorite color is blue. We are looking forward to the day we get to meet them!
    Dawnell

    ReplyDelete