Saturday, April 10, 2010

Less of a Woman Who is Surrounded by Angels


About nine months ago my stomach started hurting really bad. It was keeping me up at nights for about four to five hours at a time. I couldn't get comfortable no matter what position I was in. I did some research at the wee hours of the night and I had a suspicion it was my gallbladder.
Well, my husband kept on bugging me to go to the doctor for months. I finally consented when on one specific episode it had me in tears. I consider myself to be pretty tolerant of pain but I felt like there was no end in sight. At least in labor you know they pain is going to end and you get a bundle of blessing in the end. Anyway, I made an appointment to go to the doctor for the next day.

Doctor Watson took some blood samples and asked questions and gave me a prescription for acid reflux. He told me I either have an ulcer, acid reflux, or gallstones. I was to take the prescription for a month and if I still had the same pain I was to take it for another month. If the pain then still continued then I was to go back in for another visit.

Well, I got a phone call about three weeks later, on a Wednesday, telling me that my liver was acting abnormal. I don't know the correct doctor vocabulary but if you want to know ask either Jon or Sarah. They can tell you. I was to go into their lab that upcoming Saturday morning to get an ultra sound. It sounded pretty serious so I scheduled an appointment. The crazy thing was that it was at the same day and time when Aaron was suppose to take Tally in to have her ultra sound. AHHH.

I then got a phone call telling me that my insurance wouldn't cover the ultra sound at their clinic but that it had to be at an IHC hospital. So I had to wait and hear from the nurse when that appointment was going to be. I got a phone call that next week telling me that my appointment was to be the next day. Hello, I have kids. Where am I going to find a babysitter at such short notice. Thank heaven for neighbors like Brandy Seaman. She is an angel and nothing short of that!

As I was taking my girls over to her house, literally around the corner, Aspyn throws up. Seriously, when it rains it pours. I called Brandy and she said to still bring them over. Luckily we found out it was just something that she ate and it wasn't contagious. So needless to say I found out that I had one large gallstone in my gallbladder.

I called the general surgeon that Doctor Watson recommended and at that appointment he went over with me how he was to remove my gallbladder. My appointment to get it removed was less than a week later. I had to schedule it quick because Tally was due three weeks from when my surgery was. My family and I were planning on going down to St. George for the Easter weekend and now we were not quite sure what to do. We did end up going down and it was a huge blessing. It got my mind off of the surgery that was going to happen the next day when we got home. It was also a blessing because I received a blessing from my husband, dad, and brothers. In the blessing it stated that I was to recover quickly. We drove home on Sunday listening to General Conference and went to bed.

My surgery was scheduled to be at 7:30 in the morning and the nurse said that I was to be there an hour before surgery. Awesome was the only word that entered my mind. This is going to be interesting with a one year old and a soon to be three year old. My parents got home late from St. George and were still willing to watch our girls that early in the morning. Thanks mom and dad.

As Aaron and I were driving to drop off the girls he told me "You are going to be less of a Woman". When we were first married I would have been so mad at him. What the .... Seriously. Now I know there is man lingo and there is woman lingo. I will be less of a woman because I will have less in me. All the men get exactly what he is talking about but us women get offended. I have learned to take the meaning that is not offensive. It makes for happier times.

The surgery went well and Aaron told me that I asked him three times how it went. I continued asking him different questions multiple times. Sorry Love. I guess that is what you get when one is hopped up on drugs. My other mom Shauna, went to the store and bought the groceries that we needed for that week. Thank heaven for mothers! They are life savers. Well, the next day I was walking around everywhere and doing normal chores. My husband continued to rep remand me and would send me back to bed as any good husband would do. By Thursday Aaron was back to work and I was doing laundry, dishes, cleaning, and playing with my girls. All the usually stuff that us homemakers do. So yes it was a quick recovery.

It makes it easier with sisters and neighbors who bring you dinner even when you feel like you can do it. I am so grateful for them. I am surrounded by angels. I hate asking for help especially when I feel like I can push myself to do it. I have no problem helping others when they need help but it is different when I am the one needing help. Anyone else feel that way? Anyway, love you all and thanks for your help.


1 comment:

  1. Oh my gosh Nish! What a crazy time for you. You are so in my prayers. I am so glad you had so many great helpers. I love you and I hope you recover really quickly. you are awesome.

    ReplyDelete