Saturday, April 24, 2010

Day 3
















Today is day three and I must say it is just like having a new born or in my case new borns. Tally is a very protective mother and is doing an amazing job at keeping them clean and fed. We have to put her leash on to get her to leave the puppies to go outside and go potty. She watches our every move when we clean the puppies and weigh them and switch their ribbons. She loves cuddling up with them and keeping them all close.
Some of these pictures are of them at the hospital. There are also a few of them their first day home.
We have decided on names for the puppies and when I say we I mean me. Aaron is so sweet and patient with me. He let me name all of the puppies. So here they are.... Black is named Bascome. He was my german shepherd growing up and Red is named Rambo for my other german shepherd that I had growing up. Pink is named Rose for Briar Rose on Sleeping Beauty. Light blue is named Ella for Cinderella and Yellow is named Bell for Beauty and the Beast.

When the puppies are four weeks old we are letting people pick what puppy they want and from there on they will be named what the new owners want us to call them.
In case any of you are wondering their weights they are as follows:


Bascome weighed 1lb. 8oz.
Rambo weighed 1 lb. 6 oz.
Rose weighed 1 lb. 6 oz.
Ella weighed 1 ob. 7 oz. and Bell weighed 1 lb. 8 oz.
Their length is about 10-11 inches from their noses to their rump, not their tales. It was hard to measure because they squirm so much.

We measured and weighed them last night and they all have gained between 3-4 oz. Yea we have healthy eating babies!
I wasn't there but I guess that the vet. who did the c-section said that these were big babies. No wonder the male died in the birth canal. We are very sadend by him dying but we cannot explain how grateful we are that the five others and doing very well and that Tally is alive and healthy.
We are going later on today to take the puppies in to have their dew claws removed and to see how they are doing and how Tally is. They all seem to be thriving well and Bascome is usually the first to start nursing and the last. He loves his food! Bell is usually close behind. Rambo is for sure going to be fawn and was the vet. clinics favorite. I am just starting to be able to tell the difference between Ella and Rose. They are quite similar but Rose has a little bit lighter fawn color on her shoulder blades. They are all so cute and Aspyn throws a fit everytime we have to go back upstairs. She reminds me of someone but I am not sure who. :)

1 comment:

  1. Oh man! I am so glad things turned out ok. I am so happy for you. The puppies are DARLING!

    ReplyDelete