Sunday, January 16, 2011

10 Things I miss and Love

I am way far behind in my blog posts.  I feel like I am so behind that I should just pick up where I am now. 

I am missing Utah right now and the people who make Utah what it is in my mind so I am writing about it.These are not necessarily in order but just what came to my mind.

10. Grandma Sycamore bread (there is no bread quite like it).  I might as well add Leatherby's and Cafe Rio.

9. My old neighborhood.  You would see kids out in the circle everyday.  I miss seeing them.

8.  Going over to the Buchanan's on Sundays and eating and playing games with them.

7. Having fun things to do with the girls or just at all,  ie. Wheeler Farm, Thanksgiving pointe, and discovery gateway.  

6.  Taking Aspyn to dance.  She loved going to dance and she tells me quite frequently how much she wishes she were in dance.

5.  How green it is and the mountains.  I miss waking up and looking out my front window and having that great "Mountain View", no matter where you were in the valley.

4. My visiting teaching companion and my friends that we had an excuse to go and visit at least once a month.

 3.  My sisters (including my sisters in law, they are my sisters).  While I am on this topic I also miss my nieces and nephews.  I miss watching them play with my girls and I miss talking to them.

2.  Working out with Shanelle at the gym.  It was so fun to go with her and talk and push each other while working out.  I should say that I miss Beth too!  She is a miracle worker.

1.  While being in Utah it wasn't the same with my parents being gone.  It was like part of "home" was gone.  I miss my parents.


With all of that being said, I do have a list of things that I like/love about Texas

10.  The weather.  It is warm and sunny and it is the middle of January and I am wearing shorts and flip flops and I am not freezing.

9.  Having the laundry on the same level.

8. My new car.

7.  Learning a new culture

6.  Being a minority.  Our girls totally stand out.  Lets' face it all white people here do.

5.  At least I get to talk to my family and see them through Skype.  Hurray.

4.  Having it be the middle of January and putting a jacket on the girls and sending them outside to play.

3.  Having Aaron drive home from work and it only taking 15 minutes in traffic.

2.  Our ward.  The people here are so nice and I am so happy that I am in this position so that I can have them as my friends.

1.  Tasha and the Biesingers!!!   They are the Best.  I cannot say enough good things about them.  Plus this post is already long enough.


Even though we are far apart at least we are together as a family.  I would not have it any other way!

3 comments:

  1. Niesha!! I know what you mean about everything you miss! I think one of the hardest things for me here has been the culture! Very shocking! Very different! There is just no place like Utah! You know there is a pretty straight shot from El Paso to Tucson if you ever want to take those new wheels for a little road road trip to see me!

    ReplyDelete
  2. We feel the same way. I tried something when we moved to Denver. Went to a hotel and picked up a magazine about visiting Denver and planned which activities I wanted to do. So far every Friday once Jake is done with class, we take a mini trip to do one of these things (see my blog for details). It has been a blast. I may do the same thing if/when we move back to utah.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Moving has been a crazy adventure for us too. We miss family and amazing friends. We have been busy in our ward in denver. church activity is vital. Writing also on our blog really helps - people WANT to know how you are doing. you rock. we miss you. Come to Denver.

    ReplyDelete