Monday, October 18, 2010

In Memory of Grandma Helen

Every fall growing up my mothers mother would buy Pumpkin Chocolate Chip Cookies.  I was missing her and so I decided that I would look up a recipe and make the cookies.  So here are a couple of pictues of the cookies.  You can see the before they go into the oven and the after they come out.  They are cake like cookies and oh so good.  The kitchen and house for that matter smell fantastic.  I love you Grandma and thanks for getting me hooked on these cookies!

In case any of you want the recipe here it is:

Heat oven to 365 degrees

1 cp. canned pumpkin
1 cp. white sugar (some of the reviews said that they used brown sugar instead)
1/2 cp. veg. oil (again you can use applesauce if you want)
1 egg
1 Tbsp. vanilla
2 cps. flour
2 tsp. baking powder
2 tsp. ground cinnamon
1 tsp. nutmeg
1/2 tsp. salt
1 tsp. baking soda
1 tsp. milk
3 drops red food coloring
2 cps. chocolate chips (some people used white chocolate)

Combine pumpkin, sugar, veg. oil, egg, and food coloring.
In seperate bowl stir together flour, baking powder, cinnamon, nutmeg, and salt.  Disolve the milk and baking soda and stir in.  Add to the dry ingredients.
Mix dry ingredients to the wet ingredients a little at a time.  
Once mixed add chocolate chips. 

Put in 365 degree oven and bake for 10 minutes. Each oven is different so do whatever works for your oven. You may have to experiment a little.  Also pull the cookies off the cookie sheet right when you pull them out of the oven.  I found this was easier to get them off the cookie sheet.  Again do what works for you.

I put in white chips and semi sweet chips.  I had a few white chips left over from a previous batch so I just threw those in.  

I also had a little help from a little person.  She loves helping me make cookies or is it that she loves eating the dough/cookies?


1 comment:

  1. Those cookies look amazing! And oh those darling halloween costumes!!! So so darling and creative! Lots of fun adventures too! TX seems to be treating your little family well!

    ReplyDelete