Wednesday, October 24, 2012

A Child's Prayer

While in El Paso they had the coldest winter in 30 years.  Homes and commercial buildings were shut down because it got down past freezing.  Well, that summer was one of the driest summers in another record setting years.  It was over 100 days of going without rain.

Just some background I come from Utah where it has all four seasons.  I didn't' know that I was so ungrateful for the four seasons until I moved to El Paso.  Don't get me wrong I love having my kids go trick or treating without their coats and loved going for walks in December with my shorts and flip flops.  Anyway, I lived in Oregon for a year and a half and LOVED the rain. So living in El Paso without rain was lets say difficult.

Well our Stake President asked us to pray and fast for it to rain.  We did and still no rain.  Here is where  the miracle comes in.  One night at dinner time our daughter Aspyn asked why it hadn't rained in a while.  We told her that sometimes Heavenly Father doesn't answer prayers the way we want Him to but that He always does answer them.  So we told her how we fasted and prayed for it to rain.  Then she said to us "Can I pray for it to rain?"  We said yes and her prayer was short and simple.  "Heavenly Father please bless it will rain. Amen."  Not even two minutes later and it started to rain.  Not just rain but pour.  I love it when even the simplest prayer from a child is heard.  We are all His children and He loves all of us.

















Mud

mud

and more mud

washing off the mud

Splashing in the mud








2 comments: