Monday, November 1, 2010

Banana Bread

I had two bananas that were brown.  You know what that means?!  Yes, time to make banana bread.
Before

My cute Aspyn wanted to help me and since I wish that I spent more time learning how to cook when I was younger I thought that it would be okay to let her help me.  She is great at dumping in the flour and other ingredients.  She loves cooking and helping.  My favorite thing is after we put whatever we are baking into the oven, she flips the light on and says she wants to watch it grow. 
During

Here is the recipe if anyone wants it.  I got it out of a recipe book that my mom got us girls. 

After
1 3/4 cp. flour
1/2 tsp. baking soda
1 1/4 tsp. baking powder
1/4 tsp. cinnamon
1/4 tsp. nutmeg
3/4 tsp. salt
1/3 cp. shortening
1 cp. sugar
2 eggs, well beaten
1/2 cp. nuts
Bananas

Set oven to 350 degrees

Mix flour, soda, baking powder, cinnamon, nutmeg and salt.  In separate bowl, cream sugar and shortening; add eggs.  Add bananas and dry ingredients alternately to creamed mixture.  Mix well; add nuts. Pour into floured and greased pan.  Bake for 60 minutes.

I do not like nuts so I don't ever add them but I do love chocolate so I add semi sweet chocolate chips.  I don't do it all the time but sometimes when I feel like I want to eat a little bit of chocolate.  It tastes so good when it is cold outside.  It makes me feel all warm inside.  















 

No comments:

Post a Comment