Wednesday, May 19, 2010

When it Rains it Pours

Well the call came about 10 days after my surgery and about a week before the puppies were due. The Bishop and 2nd counselor came called and asked if they could come over. I said sure. I thought that they were going to ask Aaron to serve in a calling but then they asked me the question. "Will you be the new Primary President?" What, I started laughing. They said that they were serious. I accepted and then the weight of the calling began to be felt. I love kids and always have. This will be way out of my element but I know that this is where the Lord wants me to be. Let me know if anyone has any other experiences of callings they have which were out of their comfort zone. I want to be a mom and wife first and serve the Lord with his little ones. I keep thinking of what the Christ said when His life was coming to an end, "Do you love me? Feed my sheep, feed my sheep, feed my lambs."

No comments:

Post a Comment